RE: How can I make new partitions available? (maybe repost)

This produces the following:

Calling ioctl() to re-read partition table.
Re-read table failed with error 16: Device or resource busy.
Reboot your system to ensure the partition table is updated.

Seems the kernel can't read the partition table if other
partitions are mounted (or something.)

If there's really no way around this then this'd be the first
scenario I've encountered where Linux requires a reboot but
NT doesn't... :)

Christian