Re: How can I make new partitions available? (maybe repost)

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 03:04:43AM +0200, Moritz Schulte wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 12:21:35AM +0200, Christian Pernegger wrote:
>
> > When I've created a new partition using cfdisk, how can I make the kernel
> > "see" it without rebooting?
>
> hmm. doesn't this work with fdisk? try running fdisk and let it write
> the partition table. imho, it 'reloads' the table...

afaik, if there are any mounted partitions on the disk, the kernel won't be able to reload the partition table.

c'ya
flo

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------