Re: woody: xterm "clients" (mc, lynx) do not use the xtrem* from Xresources?

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 07:49:50AM +0300, Shaul Karl wrote:
> I was not explaining myself well. Allow me to try once more:
>
> I have a 14" screen. When I am using Debian's menu system and issue
> 	XShells->Xterm
> I am getting an xterm whose width is roughly the width of my screen. I believe
> that this is due to my use of
> 	xterm*Font:           10x20
> in my `/.Xresources, which forces the xterm window to be of a certain width.
> Until recently, when I used, for example, Apps->System->Top to see the
> processes on the machine I was getting a window which had the size of the
> above xterm. But starting from Yesterday this is not the case. Now top (or
> other text apps) window is much smaller then my xterms. My guess is that for
> some reason the xterm*Font is not used anymore by these apps. How can I fix it
> so that these xterm "clients" will be opened in a window which has the size of
> my xterms?
> My window manager is fvwm.
>
> In case you are not familiar with Debian's menu system, it enables one to run
> /usr/bin/top with a few mouse clicks, without the need to open an xterm. That
> is, it automatically opens the xterm and then run top in it.

Okay, you can set resources by two main things: the 'Name' and the
'Class'.  The name of an xterm is usually, well, xterm, and the class is
XTerm.  (Note that case matters.)

The name of the 'top' invoked from the debian Menus, though, is 'Top'.

Probably what you want is:
XTerm*Font:	10x20

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting