automatic startup of programs with X

Hello

I have not yet found out how to automatically start up programs when
x is started. I am using Icewm as my window manager. In the icewm docs
there is something about a .Xclient which I created but it didn't have
any effect. As I read there, .Xclient contains the command for starting
up icewm. So I guess there seems to be different way icewm is started
in debian. Could someone please point me to where that is, and where I
would have to add commands for starting programs like xbuffy, rxvt and
so on?

Mukunda