Re: configuring rc.firewall script in ip-up

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 11:39:01AM +0000, Joseph de los Santos wrote:
>   I would like my rc.firewall script to load whenever I connect to the
> net...adding the simple:

> /etc/init.d/./rc.firewall or exec /etc/init.d/./rc.firewall in my ip-up file
> doesn't seem to do anything...or am I doing it wrong?

Perhaps your script isn't executable? What does an 'ls -l' show?

Any script you want run whenever your PPP connection goes up, you can dump
into the /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ directory.

In /etc/ppp/ip-up, run-parts /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ gets called which'd then
also call your firewall script.

As has been mentioned, you could also run your firewall script upon
boot-up of your system.

> Any help would be appreciated.

HTH
Sven