Re: Corel to Debian micro-howto

> 1) When this is all done, will settings in /etc, such as my network
> settings be changed?

apt-get always asks you before overwriting a /etc file.  Just select 'no'
(the default, iirc) and it will leave the /etc settings untouched.  (It
will do this for each /etc/ file separately, so you can clobber some and
not others.)  Also, I believe apt-get makes backups of /etc files you tell
it to overwrite (someone correct me if i'm wrong?)

> 2) Will the kernel be replaced?
No.