SOLVED: Re: VI and .html files?

At 09:01 2000/08/09 -0400, you wrote:
On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Adam Scriven wrote:
> I've been using VI for 8 years now, but this is the first time I've ever
> seen it have this little problem.  I try and VI a .html file, and I get
> what looks to be a lynx-style WYSIWYG editor.  It doesn't show me the
> source code, it actually shows me the HTML page formatted.

        Interesting. What Vi clone are you using?

Turns out I was using Elvis, which views .html files as a browser (Thanks Juan!).

I use Vim, and I know that it will syntax-shade the html, but I've never heard of that. I know debian comes pre-packaged with nVi. Could it be that?

I just switched to vim, but since I'm doing everything in a telnet window, with a cruddy telnet client, I don't get to see the colours.

Oh well, at least I can see my source now!
8-)

Adam

Toronto, Ontario, Canada