Re: Lilo Problem

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 10:42:04AM +0200, Dirk Allard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed the latest slink cd image on my machine (worked ok). Trying
> to install lilo it wouldn't work, because the boot disk has over 1024
> cylinders. Unfortunately the floppy is not working, so I cannot boot through
> a boot floppy. Is there any way to install an acutal lilo after booting with
> the debian install cd? One addition: before this I had grub as boot loader
> (mandrake Linux).

Check out the previous thread named 'lilo problems' in this mailing list.
You might find useful answers.
In summary :
- to use lilo with > 1024(1023) cyl, you need to run 'lilo -L' or insert the
  option 'lba32' in your lilo.conf
- You might have to remove the existing boot record with 'lilo -u' or 'lilo -U',
  then create a new boot record with 'mkboot -installkernel', then run lilo.
  If so, you have to patch the script /sbin/mkboot, wich does not work if you
  have more than 1024 cyl.

Ciao
--
FB