color printing

Having some sort of printer problems... first, My printer is a HP deskjet 855C. I installed apsfilter but when trying to use the driver for deskjet 855c..it prints out garbage..so I defaulted to the driver for deskjet compatibles only. I wonder why the correct drivers doesn't work? anybody experienced this before? second, I cannot print in color even though I have the correct filters installed (html2ps,djpeg,etc) with apsfilter automatically creating my printcap file.