Trix: wmaker reset with SIGUSR1

I just experienced one of the (very occasional) freezes of WindowMaker.
My X session was fully locked up, but I could switch to a virtual
console.  Checking man pages didn't turn up any documented methods of
signalling WindowMaker, but on a hunch I tried:

    kill -USR1 <wmaker pid>

...with an appropriate value of PID.

...Actually, I ran a sleep 3 before that, and switched back over to the
X session.  Sure enough, window decorations disappeared and reset.  To
be sure, I ran an additional "restart" from the root window menu.

Same X session's been running since June 12.