Re: Journaling file system

On Sat, Aug 05, 2000 at 11:57:36AM -0500, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> Note that out of all of these, only reiserfs has been ported to the
> 2.4.0-testX series.

Actually, xfs has been ported too. I just saw on freshmeat an
announcement of xfs for linux-2.4.0-test5.

The website for the project is here: http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/

And for the brave, the patches can be downloaded from here:

ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/

For those looking for a journaling filesystem right now I would go for
Reiserfs (http://devlinux.com/projects/reiserfs/). It has had quiet a
bit of testing, and it just barely missed inclusion in 2.4.
--

// André