Re: Xfree mouse trouble

> screen and briefly displaying popup menus eventhough I'm not pressing any
> buttons. I can use the mouse just fine in terminal mode to highlight
> text and paste the text using the middle button, so I think my hardware
> is
> ok. Any clues?

A very easy way to fix this would be to use the mouse in X through GPM (the
program that is used to support the mouse in terminal mode).  You can do
this by running gpmconfig and telling it to use the -R flag (or optionally
by editing /etc/gpm.conf to do the same thing); then, when you set up X,
set it up to use the device /dev/gpmdata and the protocol MouseSystems.

This is what I have ended up doing with both my old M$ Intellimouse PS/2
and my new wireless logitech 4-button mouse w/wheel, because both of these
didn't seem to work in X no matter what I tried.

Hrm, perhaps I'll post to the list about my wireless mouse troubles, since
i would really like to be able to use the wheel and perhaps the 4th button
:D

Good luck.

--
Jared Johnson
solomon@futureks.net

It is your concern when your neighbor's wall is on fire.
		-- Quintus Horatius Flaccus (Horace)