Sound speed problems

Hi everybody!

I have installed a happily running woody on my notebook.

Now I've installed potato on my girlfriend's computer (a Compaq
Presario 9500 with Pentium 120 MHz processor and 40 MB RAM).

In general things are fine except two points: too small resolution
(other topic) and sound.

The other operating system installed previously told that the sound
card is an ISA PnP ESS ES1788 card. Now, I've read in the kernel docs
that the sb module supports those cards and compiled module support for
them into the kernel.

After modprobing sb, looking at /proc/sound gives:

OSS/Free:3.8s2++-971130
Load type: Driver loaded as a module
Kernel: Linux geeko 2.2.15 #1 Tue Aug 1 21:28:26 CEST 2000 i586
Config options: 0

Installed drivers:

Card config:

Audio devices:
0: ESS ES1888 AudioDrive (rev 11) (3.01)

Synth devices:

Midi devices:
0: ESS ES1688

Timers:
0: System clock

Mixers:
0: Sound Blaster

Ok, now the problem: The sound is playing but way too slow (I'd say
factor 2 too slow).

How can double the speed sound is played back?

On my notebook the maestro driver works straight out of the box, so I
don't have any experience with sound card settings.

TIA.

Greetings,

Stefan.

--
 Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon@sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/>

 We have commited to quickly disseminate high-quality leadership skills
 and collaboratively restore low-risk high-yield meta-services to meet
 our customers needs.