RE: Why not Standard, Pre-Release, and Development versions?

Title: RE: Why not Standard, Pre-Release, and Development versions?

I think he simply suggest to call the distributions with less pejorative names.
Many users are afraid of "frozen" or "unstable" or "radioactive" software, so they may just lay way back in the Debian versioning because they are afraid of the name, not because they _do_ want the bullet-proof stability of the "stable" Debian version.

This would lead to these links:

standard         --> slink
prerelease   --> potato
development  --> woody