X server

Hi, debians:
I have a problem about X server: after I login from my
account and type "startx", it give me the following
error message:
Authentication failed--cannot startx X server
-X11 TransSocketUNIXConnect: can't connect: errno=111
Xinit: connection refused(errno=111): unable to
connect to server
Xinit: No such process(errno=3):server error:
However, when I login as root, the x server works.
Does anybody know how to fix this problem?
Thanks in advance!

Nianwei