Re: Man -K

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 01:54:42PM +0200, pseelig@mail.Uni-Mainz.de wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Piotr Krukowiecki wrote:
>
> > I wonder why debian have man without -K option (searching
> > through body of manpage, not only title), unlike RH or Suse
> >
> This functionality is given by the "apropos(1)" command. "man man" still
> describes "man -k" though. I guess this counts as a bug...

I thought the original poster was talking about a _full body_ search
of the man pages.  Do RH and SuSE really do that?  Certainly, apropos
doesn't -- it searches the description (at least on my system).

man -k works fine here, though, on potato.

Andrew Sullivan                                      Computer Services
<sullivana@bpl.on.ca>                        Burlington Public Library
+1 905 639 3611 x158                                   2331 New Street
                                   Burlington, Ontario, Canada L7R 1J4