Re: Recommendations on newer motherboards working with Debian?

Only thing I know about the Abit is the poorer memory performance due to its
having some TI buffer chip built into the system.  I went with the Asus K7V
and haven't looked back.

I have Not explored optimizing the HD, though, so can't address that issue.
The only thing I missed was having an ISA slot for my old modem, but it
forced me into networking, with my old box as the server/cheap modem
solution.  So I actually gained quite a bit!  :)

FWIW most of my research started at one of the amd sites geared toward
overdriving gamers. Can't remember the url, though.  You can gleen quite a
bit of information off a place like that once you cut through the chaff...

If you can afford it, don't skimp on the memory or power supply. They are
two of the keys for stabilty.

Kenward