diamond homefree wireless cards

Hello all. I've done some checking, and I think this is basically a lost
cause, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Has anyone had any success in getting
a Diamond Wireless card to work with linux? I've found a kernel module
that's supposed to let it act like a TTY, and a program called scarab that
was designed for wireless modems and is theoretically supposed to be able
to interact with the kernel module. I'd be trying to get the linux
computer to act as a client and gateway trafic through a windows gateway.

Again, I think it's doubtful that this is doable, but any information
would be much-appreciated.

Chris