Re: desktop

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Dale Morris wrote:

> Probably what I need to do here is modify the Xsession script, but
> don't know how yet. Any resources that talk about this?

	Your best resources are probably the manpages for X, xinit and
startx.
	Read the code in startx, and read the xinit manpage, and trace
your way through the X startup process. A $HOME/.xsession file should
override any default system one like Xsession, no?
	Alternatively, Que has a great book on XFree86, and I'm sure there
are HOWTOs on the subject. This one for example...

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/XWindow-User-HOWTO.html

	Mike