RE:

Nope I just tried "ping www.google.com" and got a response from the Google
site!

Also, I tried "lynx http://<proxy server name>:80/" and "lynx http://<proxy
server name>:8080/" and both times got the same results.

I think I have to authenticate each connection made to the proxy
server...which I am unsure how to do within Linux.....any suggestions?

Just tried using port 80 undwer MS IE 5.5....can't seem to view the page but
8080 was ok......weird....also under lynx I get a "Do you want to allow this
cookie?" message? So I just answered Yes...

Will now try another browser other than ie...will post results later....

Patrick Cheong
Information Systems Assurance
Measat Broadcast Network Systems
E-mail: patrick_cheong@astro.com.my