isapnp says irq5; modprobe assigns 7

I've got a soundbalster 16 in my Debian box. I believe I've got the
/etc/isapnp.conf file set up properly, to use IRQ5 for the sound card.
However, whenever I do a modprobe sb (or reboot, etc), I get a warning
about IRQ 7 having a conflict. Near as I can tell, I have no, none,
nada, zippo, zilch reference to IRQ 7 anywhere near isapnp.con,
/etc/modutils/, modules.conf, conf.modules, etc.

Can anyone help me out here?

(Perhaps related, but I'll make a different thread of this once the
sound is working, I get errors about "can't locate module psaux" and
similar message for smbfx and nfs. Yet these items appear to function
correctly.)

Thanks!

Kent