Re: dselect and dpkg parse error in the status file

    DD> Hi,

    DD> I am not able to run dselect and dpkg any more (I think this
    DD> happened after a crash).

    DD> Dselect starts but does not let me select any files and exits
    DD> (same problem with dpkg -i), both giving the following error
    DD> message:

    DD> Any ideas out there of why this is happening?

Could be a crash. However, you can regenerate the
/var/lib/dpkg/available database with this command:

# apt-get dumpavail > /var/lib/dpkg/available

This needs to be done as root, and preferably after a recent apt-get
update.

Regards,

Edward.

--

Edward C. Lang   woot on various channels on irc.openprojects.net
edlang@pcug.org.au - Normal mail. Most stuff ends up here anyway.