Re: httpd and directories

Look in /etc/apache/srm.conf

Alias /doc/ /usr/doc/
## The above line is for Debian Policy 3.0.1 (FHS), which specifies that /doc
## is /usr/share/doc.  Packages should symlink to share/doc. --apacheconfig

This is the alias that sets up /usr/share/doc to appear as /doc on your
web server.

Remove that line...then do /etc/init.d/apache reload

and /doc should disappear...if thats what you want

-sean