Re: current Redhat user evaluates Debian

ferret,

First, with a nick like 'ferret' why do I trust you?

Second, OK, proceeding at my own risk, I...

apt-get install file-rc

Now yes, there suddenly exists a file called...

/etc/runlevel.conf

There wasn't before. I checked. I am not that trusting, especially of
self-proclaimed ferrets.

I read the file.

I find all the symlinks I have previously set up represented there.

So far so good. This could be useful.

But, ferret, why am I strongly tempted never to reboot?

Could it be your nick?

ferret, may I suggest 'gerbil', perhaps?

'racoon'?

Or are they already taken?

I know for a fact that 'beaver' is already spoken for. And linx-chicks
are so nick-protective. I think it's because of the Spandex.

'gecko' has a nice ring to it.

montefin