Re: setting framebuffer mode during boot

No familiarity here yet with framebuffer but for the vga/vesa stuff,
have you tried setting "vga=ask" and getting the menu at boot-time to
see what your card claims it supports?

I usually do that and then hardcode the one that I like the best into
the lilo.conf afterwards.

--
Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>