Re: Helix Gnome Evolution 0.3

At 12:03 PM 7/28/00 -0400, Ethan Pierce wrote:
>Hi, I was reading today on slashdot about Evolution 0.3.  They have a
download link for the tar.gz file.  I was wondering if the apt-get utility
will work if I use the spidermonkey.helixgnome.com source for the update?
Has anyone else tried this?

>Thanks -Ethan
>

>--
/dev/null

I don't want to start a war here, but what's so great about Evolution? It
looks more like a regression to me. It imitates M$ in more than one way: it
looks like it, has the same bloat factor and packs way to many features in
a single frame. Where is the innovation? I switched from KDE to Gnome
because I saw smarter programs being developed by the Gnome team, but after
seeing Gnumeric and now this Evolution I start to doubt.

Hans
---

It's nice to be like, but better by far to get paid -- Liz Phair