Re: Favorite getty for serial consoles?

>>>>> "Simon" == Simon Tennant <simon@imaginator.com> writes:

Simon> I've been tearing my hair out trying to get an old dec VT320 to
Simon> correctly talk to my computer.  I can login but every 2 or 3
Simon> lines get a wierd control character and lots of backward "?"s.
Simon> I've tried agetty and gettyps.

Simon> I'd like to be able to specify parity, hardware flow control
Simon> etc on the server end. Does anyone have a favorite getty that
Simon> permits this?

mgetty is the normal choice, but I think gettyps should work as well;
if it doesn't something is misconfigured.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
In his own soul a man bears the source