RE: VPN

The firewall would be IPCHAINS setup with PMfirewall. It's an office network
and the owner wants to be able to access the accounts data and run the
accounts program on her laptop while connected to the internet aboad over a
secure tunnel through the firewall to a fileserver. I don't see why the data
can't be in a directory on the firewall, but others have told me not to do
this.
The firewall will allow email in and out, web traffic, and will run no
external services except for SSH.
The Owner will us Windows on the laptop, the accounts program will be MYOB,
and it must be a multiuser setup with filelocking, which I beleive MYOB will
do itself.
I do something very similar, in that my accounts data is on a Debian server,
I use Quickbooks in Multi-user mode, so I don;t think that is a problem.
The biggest problem is how to tunnel in through a firewall to an internal
machine using windows on each end and the firewall in the middle.

Chris Mason
Box 340, The Valley, Anguilla, British West Indies
Tel: 264 497 5670 Fax: 264 497 8463
USA Fax (561) 382-7771
Take a virtual tour of the island
http://net.ai/ The Anguilla Guide