tcl8.2-dev installation error

Greetings:  God bless you.

When using dselect on a sparc to install t{cl,k}8.2-dev, I get

 ...[relevant part of messages]
Setting up tcl8.2-dev (8.2.3-3) ...
update-alternatives: unable to make /usr/share/aclocal/tcl.m4.dpkg-tmp
 a symlink to /etc/alternatives/tcl.m4: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing tcl8.2-dev (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of tk8.2-dev:
 tk8.2-dev depends on tcl8.2-dev; however:
  Package tcl8.2-dev is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing tk8.2-dev (--configure):
 ...[rest deleted as irrelevant]...

I don't _know_ what tcl.m4 is supposed to be, but I think
that a tcl version of m4 ought to be in the tcl8.2-dev
package, so I think that the configuration script
ought to be making the /etc/alt... link to the file
which ought, in my opinion, be installed in the package.
(But now I'm repeating myself over again...)

Is there an unstated package dependency?  Should I link
/etc/alt.../tcl.m4 to something?  Maybe just touch it
to allow the package to configure?

--
Bolan.Meek@wcom.com 972-729-5387
bolan@koyote.com (home ph. on Q) http://www.koyote.com/users/bolan