Re: painful mail/fetchmail problems

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 10:34:41AM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> Unfortunately, there isn't a fetchpop package anymore.  I wonder
> when it was removed from the distribution.

Well, here's a strange thing.  Not only is fetchpop gone, you can't even
find it in the ML archive.

A Google search turned up

<http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-changes-9902/msg00709.html>

but a search in the mailing list archive on devel-changes for Jan-Mar 1999
for "fetchpop" returns no result.  But, if you just go to the browse list at

<http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-changes-9902/>

you find it on page 2.

The word "fetchpop" is also in the body of the message, so why wouldn't a
search on this turn it up?  Are the mail archives badly broken?  (And if so,
could someone post a note to that effect until they get fixed?)

Andrew Sullivan                                      Computer Services
<sullivana@bpl.on.ca>                        Burlington Public Library
+1 905 639 3611 x158                                   2331 New Street
                                   Burlington, Ontario, Canada L7R 1J4