Re: painful mail/fetchmail problems

Russ Pitman wrote:

> I have that problem on a fairly regular basis. My workaround is to
> read the mailbox on the server from netscape and delete all mail with
> "unidentified sender" in the address. These are always empty.
>
> 	I asked on the fetchmail-friends list if it is possible to tell
> fetchmail to disregard these mails and got no reply, so I guess fetchmail
> can't handle that. Its a PITA having to use netscape to bail fetchmail out
> tho.:-(

I have to use fetchpop once in a while to delete a problematic
message. (I don't think my problem is the same as yours).

Unfortunately, there isn't a fetchpop package anymore.  I wonder
when it was removed from the distribution.

$ dpkg -s fetchpop
Package: fetchpop
 Fetchpop removes mail from a remote server using the POP3 protocol.
 .
 Fetchpop can be run from the command line or started as a daemon process. It
 has the option of passing mail through procmail. Also you may remove or keep
 the messages on the remote server.