Re: Just one package from woody with apt-get?

Ross,

1.) Actually, I do an 'apt-get update' _and_ a 'dselect update'
beforehand.

2.) After apt-get has installed the woody package, I recomment the woody
lines in sources.list.

3.) Then, I do another 'apt-get update' _and_ another 'dselect update'.

In that order. apt-get seems to just accept the new package. I even do
an 'apt-get dist-upgrade' afterwards sometimes, with the woody lines
_commented out_ and apt-get passes over the woody versions.

Maybe it's overkill. Maybe it's just voodoo. But so far it seems to have
kept me out of trouble. Knock on woody.

montefin