how to configure the networks card in RedHat

Hi,linux:
I just install RedHat 6.2 with ftp. After
installation, I find that the netscape do not work. I
went to "Control Panel" to configurate the networks,
and find that under that item "interface" that my
machine is at the status "inactive" and I make it
"active" and then save it. After that I reboot my
machine and find that the status is still "inactive".
Does anybody know how to handle this situation?
BTW, I login with root.

Thanks!

Nianwei