Re: Help with mail address

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 10:09:16AM +0800, Cam Ellison wrote:
> I can't figure out how to set my email return address to what my ISP
> expects.  I am the only user on my system.  I tried to send mail out,
> with no success, eventually discovering that it was using
> root@hostname.  I have set EMAIL to my email address, but my ISP will
> still not accept a fetchmail command, saying "connection refused".  I
> have gone through alll kinds of documentation, but the Mail HOW-TO and
> man pages are most uninformative.

If you're getting a connection refused message, that likely means that
your ISP is not running a POP server (perhaps they only support IMAP?)
or you're pointing your client at the wrong server.  As for being
unable to send mail out, try setting the From: field manually.  Most
mail clients have configuration options for this.

Chris

--
Christopher Tessone, Computer Programmer
Learning-at-a-Distance Program