upgrading helix-gnome stuff

Hello,

when upgrading to the latest helix-gnome debs from within helix-gnome,
often weird things happen to my X-Server.  Often, for instance my
computer constantly beeps at me, until I push Alt+Backspace, and force
it to restart. Once, my whole console locked up, and I had to log in
remotely (None of the hot keys worked).

I know somebody who uses Redhat, and the Helix rpms, and had exactly
the same problem. (except in this case a reboot was required, and
remotely logging in was not practical).

I am curious, how can upgrading helix wreck the running X-Server so
badly? Is this a bug in the X-Server?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>