Re: Upgrading to Potato on-line: any tips?

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 10:09:04AM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> Any tips about how to do this? Anything to watch out for? Do I just do
> apt-get dist-upgrade? How long does it take?

you need the correct entries in /etc/apt/sources.list. then 'apt-get
update' gets a list of the available packages and 'apt-get
dist-upgrade' updates to them. how long it does take? belongs on how
many packages you have to fetch and how fast your internet connection
is ;) ...'dist-upgrade' asks you first, wether you really want to
download xyz MB..

have fun :)

     moritz
--