Re: g++ and netscape

Nianwei Xing <linux_debian@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, Debians:
> I have two problem with my new debian.
> 1. Afte I compile and link my c++ code with g++ , it
> generate a.out but I can not execute it. should I need
> to install some packages?

Do you get some error message ?
I can imagine 2 possibilities:
  1. You don't have execution permissions on the file.
	 The remedy is 'chmod u+x a.out'
  2. You really generated an a.out but have no support in the kernel
	 Hmm... somehow I doubt this...

> 2. I can not use "add bookmark" in my netscape,
> however, there is the file bookmark.html exist under
> the directory ./netscape under my home directory. How
> can I handle this situation?

Check that you have write permissions on that file and directory.
Does netscape read the file if you point it to it ?

HTH
Ragga