Re: Does Debian Support DSL?

> I am going to install Debian Linux, but don't know if it will suport
> the DSL modem I am using, the Intel Pro/DSL 2100.  Anybody know if it
> will work?

This DSL 'modem' fits inside a PCI slot - *it* *will* *not* *work* without
Win9x/NT - you'll be lucky to have support for Win2000 and the Macintosh,
much less anything related to Linux or Unix.

Your best bet would be to see if you can get an external DSL 'modem' that
has ethernet output - those are platform agnostic.  The Cisco 675 DSL
'modem' (it's really a router) is an example of what you need.  You should
be able to get one from them pretty easily; if the people providing DSL in
your area can help set it up that's the way to go.  They can be had on
eBay for less than $150 USD.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstien