Re: new cd-rom

run a dmesg|less  it will show you the startup messages

Look for your cd-rom (hopefully it was detected)  It is probably the next hard disk device after you last physical disk.  I have two 20gig hard drives /dev/hda and b so my burner would be called /dev/hdc and I would mount it to /mnt/cdrom.  I say this if you only plan to read cds with it.

I use /dev/scd0 for my burner as I had to recompile for scsi emulation and burner support.  If that is your case, check www.linux.org -> support -> cd-writing HOWTO

Enjoy - Ethan

>>> "techlists" <techlists@iexalt.net> 07/21/00 04:06PM >>>
I'm using potatoe, and have had it installed for a while now.  I just
installed another cd-rom drive(a burner).  How do I find out what to
call when trying mount it?  I have a hard drive as the primary
master.  The 1st cd-rom is the secondary master, with the burner
as the slave.

Wayne