RE: Debian + Windows98 on the same large disk problem

Hi Ignasi,

Thanks for your email.

Did you actually use FAT or FAT32 for the other OS and was the other OS
WIndows98?

I tried to wipe out the disk and create tha FAT32 partition using the fdisk
of the Windows98 startup disk but when I rebooted to Debian, the Debian
cfdisk was exiting with a fatal error! (apparently it could not understand
the FAT32 partition created with the Windows fdisk).

I wonder if this has to do with me having a too large disk (40GB).

Could you please tell me the exact steps you did?
This is what I did:

1. I boot my new disk (master - 40GB) using a WIndows 98 startup disk.
2. I create a 12GB FAT32 partition using the fdisk found in the startup disk
and another  	partition for the rest of the disk.
3. I reboot to Debian (which is located in my primary slave disk).
4. In order to create ext2 partitions, I try to start cfdisk or fdisk and
both of them exit 	with a "FATAL ERROR" message.

Does this make any sense? (or I should definitely devote/waste a whole hard
disk for Windows 98?)

Cheers

Dimitris