How do I install gnome on potato?

I recently upgraded to Potato and want to use gnome. I am using

the command line interface only. How do I install gnome? I
read in the mail list archives that there are 3 choices: gnome,

debian, and xsession. But, I did not understand the differences.

I also do not understand the difference between gdm vs xdm,
gnome-panel, gnome-session. When I apt-get gnome I get not found.

When I search on the forzen packages for gnome I do not get
the gdm, gnome-session, or gnome-panel packages. So, what are

my choices and how do I implement the choices? I downloaded
the gnome user guide but it has nothing about installing. Is

there a HOWTO somewhere on installing gnome?

-----