Re: midi html tags

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

>     Hello,
>
> Rather silly querry, but needs asking; I built my website using M$ frontpage,
> and it worked well. browsing it with M$ browsers etc produces midi. Not so
> with netscape. is there a fix to make netscape work with the M$ midi tag?
>
> I can browse sites that were built with netscape and the midi does work,
> so I will assume that M$ isn't using excepted tags for the midi play.
>
> any help much appreciated.
>
> tatah
>
> --
>

> Jaye:-}
>
> M.J. Inabnit, KE6SLS     e-mail      ke6sls@arrl.net
> 707-442-6579 h/m                     707-441-7096 p
> http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls            ICQ# 12741145
> This mail composed with kmail on kde on X on linux warped by debian
>     If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid.

I don't know what M$ products use to build MIDI into HTML, but the right
way to do it according to HTML v4.01 (see http://www.w3.org/) is to use
objects:

13.3 Generic inclusion: the OBJECT element

 <!ELEMENT OBJECT - - (PARAM | %flow;)*
  -- generic embedded object -->
 <!ATTLIST OBJECT
   %attrs;                              -- %coreattrs, %i18n, %events --
   declare     (declare)      #IMPLIED  -- declare but don't instantiate
flag --   classid     %URI;          #IMPLIED  -- identifies an
implementation --
   codebase    %URI;          #IMPLIED  -- base URI for classid, data,
archive--   data        %URI;          #IMPLIED  -- reference to object's
data --
   type        %ContentType;  #IMPLIED  -- content type for data --
   codetype    %ContentType;  #IMPLIED  -- content type for code --
   archive     %URI;          #IMPLIED  -- space separated archive list --
   standby     %Text;         #IMPLIED  -- message to show while loading
--
   height      %Length;       #IMPLIED  -- override height --
   width       %Length;       #IMPLIED  -- override width --

   Start tag: required, End tag: required.

Success,
Pavel