Re: Dialpad - debian firewall

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 10:00:16PM -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
> I'm using Debian 2.2.15 as a firewall, configuring IPCqHAINS with
> PMfirewall. I would  like to be able to use Dialpad from my windows machines
> but after reading all the info I could find I cannot get it to work. Anyone
> ever succeed? Any expert on the subject available to help?

I got it to work on my wife's win98 machine.  There are instructions
on their web site for using dialpad through a firewall.  I had to add:

/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r udp 51200 51201 -c tcp 7175

/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm autofw -A -v -r tcp 51210 51210 -c tcp 7175

then recompile the kernel to enable autofw.

Not sure it was worth it though, the connections were mostly poor, you
can't hear if an answering machine answers.  The lag with a cable
modem isn't too bad though.

John