Re: esd says "unable to bind port 16001"

Louis F. Melahn posts:

> I installed Helix Gnome on my Potato Debian system.

Please check and see whether U have the lo device up and
running in ur system by doing an 'ifconfig'.

> whenever I invoke it, I get the following message, Unable to
> bind port 16001 and then it aborts. What does that mean,
> and how do I fix it?

Helix Gnome uses the loop-back device and a similar problem
was fixed in my friend's Debian system by getting the lo
device section in /etc/network/interfaces uncommented/added
'iface lo inet loopback'. Restart networking & inetd services.

YMMV and I maybe totally wrong here......

ragOO, VU2RGU
Keeping the Air-Waves FREE.....Amateur Radio
Keeping the W W W     FREE..Debian GNU/Linux