Re: Good way to keep kde2 up to date?

On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 11:04:56PM -0400, Todd Suess wrote:

> I am curious if any other debian users have a method they use to do this
> that avoids totally screwing up dpkg, etc?

I build everything in either: /usr/local/src and set an install prefix of
/usr/local/kde, or under a directory in my home directory where I keep both
the source and the binaries, and build and run it without ever su'ing.

> Do you you CVS, or what exactly?

Cvsup. There are precompiled binaries of the cvsup client you need. There
may even be a debian package, I dunno.

See:

http://www.kde.org/cvsup.html

http://www.kde.org/install-source.html

http://www.kde.org/compilationfaq.html

--
Bob Bernstein          | Venus.         -- answer to the
at                     | question "Where do you want to go