IRQ conflict with soundcard

Hello all,
Im trying to get the soundcard to install. Im using kernel 2.2.16
and am installing a SoundBlaster 16. I have enabled the options in
the kernel and selested them as modules. I cat /proc/interrupts and it shows
the sound card on irq 7. Then I want to the isapnp.conf and remove the
# from in front of irq 7. Then I ran isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf and it
came back with no errors. I then tried to reboot and then I see:
soundBlaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
SB 4.13 detected OK (220)
-- sb: Interrupt test on IRQ7 failed - Probable IRQ conflict.

So then I ran the cat /proc/interrupts and I didnt see any conflicts.
What am I missing here. I tried the mail archives and HOWTO but
was unable to find anything really usefull.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

It feels so good, It's a marginal risk, when I clear off windows with fdisk