Re: Adding sound card ?

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Jay Kelly wrote:

> Ok group,
> I want to add a sound card (SoundBlaster16) and want to make sure I
> have the step right. I have compiled the kernel for pnp support. When
> I look in Sound options, I cant see my sound card. Which driver
> should I choose? My sound is a old Soundblaster 16 ISA card. And
> should I select module or build it in the kernel ? Last time I tried
> to get the sound going I couldnt so any tips would be a great
> help.
> thanks

	Take a really good look here first:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Sound-HOWTO.html

	It says that SB 16 should work, according to the supposed hardware
section. Not sure which module that would be, offhand. I'm just guessing,
but what about sb.o?

	Mike

"To listen to the words of the learned, and to instill into others the
lessons of science, is better than religious exercises."
		-- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)