Re: I cannot get JunkBuster to work

On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 11:51:18AM +0100, Barry Samuels wrote:
> I have JunkBuster installed on Potato and it is running as a daemon but it
> won't filter anything.
>
> I also have Woffle running on port 8080 and that is specified as the proxy
> server in Netscape.

Generally speaking, you filter through Junkbuster first, then point it
to your caching proxy.  I chain Junkbuster to squid.

To do this, point your *browser* to the Junkbuster proxy (port 5865 by
default), and forward Junkbuster to woffle with the appropriate
forward entry:

    ## Use the Woffle proxy
     *	localhost:8080	.	.	# implicit

> Could someone please explain what I need to do.

You also need to specify some sites to block.  What's really nice with
Junkbuster is that you can use regular expressions to cover a lot of
ground.

    #	Illustrative Blockfile for the Internet Junkbuster
    /*.*/adimages.go.com/
    /*.*/ads.pl*.*
    /advert/
    /adverts/