surfin' on cable!

    Woohoo! Last night I upgraded to kernel 2.2.17 from Potato, modified lilo,
rebooted, and dhcpcd and my sound module both worked. I'm surfing on cable and
playing MP3s. ;-)

    Pump didn't work because it doesn't appear to have an argument for a
client ID, which seems to be required from Rogers. dhcpcd does, and it worked
great.

    Very, very cool. Many thanks to those who responded. Apparently it was a
bad 2.2.12 kernel, probably modified by VA Linux Systems.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier, 1Z22, SKY  Tel: 613-765-4699 (ESN: 39-54699)
Optical Networks, Nortel Networks, SDE Pegasus