Re: Getting apache, PHP3, and PostgreSQL working together.

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 09:15:01AM +0200, Remco Rijnders wrote
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to get apache, PHP3, and PostgreSQL to work together on my
> Potato machine. I want to use the phpPgAdmin to give me a web
> accessible interface to the PostgreSQL database. However trying to use
> it gives me the following error:
>
> Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function pg_connect() in
> lib.inc.php on line 90
>
> This suggests to me that PHP is unawareof the PostgreSQL database
> functions. I have read the readme files that come with php3-pgsql and
> searched the web for solutions to this problem. They all seem to
> suggest to edit /etc/php3/apache/php3.ini . In that file I have the
> following snippets:
>
> extension_dir   =       /usr/lib/php3/apache
> extension=pgsql.so
>
> After having edited this file I issued an "apachectl restart" but it
> still refuses to use the database functions I need. What do I do
> wrong, and, more importantly, how do I fix this?
>
> All help is greatly appreciated.

You may need to stop Apache and then restart it; you haven't changed
Apache's configuration you've changed PHP's, so you have to ensure
that the PHP module is unloaded and then re-loaded to give effect to
the change.  The simplest way I've found of doing this is to stop
and restart Apache.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au